How to keep your account safe?
- If you are using Google to login, then do a Security Checkup https://myaccount.google.com/security-checkup
- You can enable Discord 2FA in your User Settings. You can also refer to this article for more information.
- Update your software. If your browser, operating system, or apps are out-of-date, the software might not be safe from hackers.
- Use unique, strong passwords. Having a strong password is key to protecting your account. Choose a long password with a mix of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and special characters that is hard to guess and that you don’t use for anything else. We recommend checking out password managers, which make creating and storing secure passwords extremely easy.
- Protect against suspicious messages & content. As with any online interaction, we recommend following some simple rules:
Be wary of suspicious links and files
- DON'T click on links that look suspicious or appear to have been shortened or altered.
- DON'T download files or applications from those you don't know or trust.
- DON'T open a file that your browser or computer has flagged as potentially malicious without knowing it’s safe.
Never give away account information
- DON'T give away your account login or password information to anyone. We’ll never ask for your password. We also won’t ask for your token, and you should never give that to anyone.
- DON'T give away account information for any account you own on any platform to other users.